Technology has become a staple in our lives. It has shaped the business throughout the world and is continuously changing every day. Much like fashion, technology has gone through various trends and fads. Social Media has become one of the biggest trends in history and has played a vital role in how business is conducted. Knowing what’s happening in the digital space and on the various social platform’s can potentially catapult your business to success. Here at Michigan Creative, we take pride in being up to date with the most recent trends on the various media platforms. We’ve compiled a list of what we feel are the top 10 social media statistics that could change the way you do business in 2017.
- Blogging continues to grow, with over 409 million people viewing more than 23.6 billion pages each month on WordPress alone.
- Over 50 million businesses use Facebook Business Pages, 2 million business use Facebook for advertising.
- More than 56% of online adults use more than one social media platform.
- 76% of Facebook users visited the site daily during 2016, with over 1.6 billion daily visitors, compared to 70% of daily usage in 2015.
- 59% of Americans with social media accounts think that customer service through social media has made it easier to get questions answered and issues resolved.
- On any given day, Snapchat reaches 41% of 18 to 34-year-olds in the US.
- YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily.
- More than half of all YouTube views are on mobile devices.
- Pinterest drives 25% of all retail website referral traffic.
At Michigan Creative, we find it crucial to stay on top of the constant change that occurs in media. Having access to statistical social data, it allows us to effectively adapt our work and ideology to match current market trends. As hard as it can be to stay up to date with the latest trends, it can make all of the difference in your business.