A picture may be worth a thousand words, but according to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research, one minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. This value is only increasing according to Cisco, who says that in 2017, online video will account for 69% of all consumer internet traffic. One possible reason for the growing value could be because video is able to reach out to different types of learning styles: the visual where people learn by reading or seeing and the auditory, where people connect by listening. Instead of leaving a possible customer confused about how to use your product or service, a video can explain and show!
With this in mind, here are 5 tips for promoting your online video.
- Search Engine Optimization
- Your videos cannot be read by search engines, so any text associated with them must be relevant to your content so people can find your newly created piece of content. Your title should contain your keywords in the form of a headline, meant to catch someone’s attention. The meta description needs to be highly detailed and explain everything about your video using your chosen keywords in order to show up within relevant searches. The URL should always include the term “video” as well as your chosen keywords, that way search engines can find the video content on your website more easily.
- Share on Relevant Platforms
- look for industry-specific websites to promote your video on, make sure to use platforms that make the most sense for the content being promoted.
- Encourage Viewers to Share
- The more your video is shared, the more reach your content has. You want to create content that interests your viewers and makes them want to share that interest with any of the connections they have.
- Reach Out to Bloggers
- Find bloggers that cover the topic your videos are mainly about and reach out to them. This is an ideal way to reach the many viewers which have their own audience who can be converted into viewers for you content as well!
- Paid Advertising
- Don’t be afraid to use paid advertising as a way to get your content out there. This is a fantastic way to have your content seen by a large number of viewers, who may become lifelong viewers or who decide to share the content once it is viewed.
If you are interested in learning more about how online videos can help you and how to best promote them, Michigan Creative can help! Contact us today to see what we can do for you!